Consul uses service identities and traditional networking practices to help organizations securely connect applications running in any environment.
- Discover Services with Consul
- Use Consul as a centralized registry that discovers, tracks, and monitors your services. Consul can be your single source of truth for cataloging and maintaining a record of all your services.
- Control access with Consul API Gateway
- The API gateway enables external network clients to access applications and services running in a Consul service mesh.
- Load Balancing with Consul
- Consul can help bypass manual processes by automating load balancer updates to reflect the latest changes to your services.
- Enforce Zero Trust Networking with Consul
- Consul is a core component of the HashiCorp Zero Trust Security solution. Consul enforces Zero Trust by using identity-based access to ensure all communication within the service mesh is authenticated with TLS certificates and encrypted in transit.
- Multi-Platform Service Mesh with Consul
- Use Consul service mesh to securely connect applications on any runtime, any cloud, or on-premises environments
- Observability with Consul
- Gain insight into service health and performance metrics with built-in visualization directly in the Consul UI or by exporting metrics to a third-party solution.
- Manage Traffic with Consul
- Consul offers the ability to manage L4/L7 traffic based on service identity and implement progressive delivery practices like canary deployments or A/B testing.